/camel coat

11.15.2010


I'm finally done with my coat!  This was the design I'd originally downloaded from BurdaStyle, but I wanted to shorten the sleeves and lengthen it. There were already markings for those alterations on the pattern, so I took a second look and it's essentially the three quarter sleeve coat. There's nothing too fancy about it, but I very much like the lining and the buttons! The dark green covered buttons came out of an old fruit cake tin full of buttons my grandma used to keep.





As you can see, it can be worn all the way buttoned up, or with the lapel down. The most amazing thing about this pattern is the integrated sleeves; no sleeve-setting!! 


Yesterday, my mom said that pretty much "everyone and their cousin" had a coat just like this in the 60's, which is exactly what I was going for! Point Emily.

4 comments:

  1. I love it! It's so simple and adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks! I like it a lot. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty coat! Found you on the Burda website. Do you have a tutorial for the button holes? I love that idea.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Lyann! There are TONS of ways to make bound buttonholes, but for this coat I used Gertie's method with organza.

    http://www.blogforbettersewing.com/2010/10/bound-buttonhole-tutorial.html

    Worked like a charm!

    ReplyDelete

seymour.
Blog design by Labina @ Plexicod.